08 - Abbreviations
Created Tuesday 17 June 2014
- Auto fix certain typos in Insert mode
- :iabbrev adn and
- Vim will substitule an abbreviation when you type any "non-keyword" character after an abbreviation
- A "non-keyword" character is any character not in the iskeyword option list:
- :set iskeyword?
- The '_' character
- All alphabetic ASCII characters in both cases
- Any ASCII value between 48 and 57 (digits 0-9)
- Any ASCII value between 192 and 255 (special ASCII chars)
- Abbreviations may save a lot of typing:
- **:iabbrev @@ email@example.com**
- :iabbrev ccopy Copyright 2014 Your Name, all rights reserved.
- Mapping don't take into account what characters come before or after the map — that's why abbreviations and mappings aren't the same